Monday, November 3, 2008

Glucose Test Appointment

We went to the doctor again last Thursday. I thought it was going to be more exciting than it was... again. :) I think I should be thankful that my appointments are uneventful. I knew I had to drink a special drink (it tasted like bad Kool-Aid, but nothing that was going to make me sick). Then they told me last time that I would have to wait an hour and during that time I could go pre-register at the hospital downstairs. I asked my mom to come with me and Chris because I thought it would be fun. So we all went. Well, all that ended up meaning was we got to fill out a piece of paper with the same old information that goes on every patient paper, so it wasn't all I had expected. At the same time, I don't know what I expected. But we did all have fun. We went to the gift shop while we waited and Wyatt got a "boo-boo bunny." Then I went back up to the doctor and she poked my finger and checked the glucose. Everything was good. I need to eat more iron, and I've already been on top of that. No problem because I love veggies. I just can't take my pre-natals because they make me so sick... FAST. I do take Princess gummies, which by the way, I look forward to everyday. They just don't have iron in them. Anyways, all together things are going great. We are getting so close! Now, we go to the doctor every 2 weeks. Oh and since I had to go to this appointment in the morning I had to take a 1/2 day from work. So, we had time to go to Ihop before I went to school. Teachers get very excited about getting to have lunch out and have more than 20 minutes to eat! :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That made me think of my fun filled night at the hospital! Lots of paper work and lots of blood! No fun!