Monday, November 3, 2008

Building My Pain Tolerance!




The pictures don't do this boo-boo justice. I'm apparently having a little coordination problems. Last night, I had a little accident shaving. My finger got too close to the razor and I took off a chunk of my figure nail and finger (yup, I cut so deep through the finger nail that the pink you are seeing is the finger under the nail). I couldn't even look at it when it happened. I sure felt it though and I was scared to death to even look. I had no idea what to expect. I grabbed a towel and went and got Chris. Glad he was home, because I might have had to call 911. I'm sure he thought I had severed a finger and at this point, I wasn't quite sure what I had done. He looked at it and tried to calm me down. Now, I have a bleeding finger with a chunk taken out of the nail so who knows what you do for that. Chris called my mom, as I instructed because that's who I like to call when I'm hurt. :) He doctored me up with ice and we kept it elevated. When my mom got here she brought the band-aids. I'm sure that soon we will start having band-aids in stock, but two 25 year olds don't seem to need band-aids too often... well, I better knock on wood. Anyways, we got it all taken care of. I am not letting any water get on it, because that HURTS. Now, as I said, the pictures don't quite do this justice, because it was one of the most painful things I've ever done to myself. And gross. And to make it worse, it was one of my favorite nails. Yes! I have favorites. This is definately enough drama for awhile.

No comments: