Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blog Makeover

Kenley is over a year old and our blog still said "Chris, AmyJo, and Wyatt." How sad! But here's my excuse - I have been trying to figure out for.ev.er how to makeover my blog on my own. I knew that I had the tools I needed. I have Storybook Creator 3.0, which is the program I use to digi scrap and make invitations. When I originally bought that I had no idea what I was doing and could not find instructions anywhere. So I just played around and figured it out. But I had no idea even the sizing for blog headers and all that. I have several digi scrap elements and papers, but had no idea how to use them for the blog. I have since figured out that I think most people use photoshop (maybe?!), but the thought of figuring out another program totally freaks me out so I'm sticking with Storybook.

Well, today I found an awesome blog (http://makincuteblogs.com/2011/02/make-a-cute-blog-monday-simply-splendid/) that walked me through step by step and I was so excited. Then so frustrated. Then so excited. After a few mistakes and lots of playing around I now have a very simple, but nonetheless made-by-me blog. Super exciting. I used the design program that was mentioned on this blog so I wasn't familiar with all the buttons and decided to keep it simple. But I think I know what I'm doing now and I'm looking forward to playing with Storybook Creator and maybe getting a little more creative.

I hope you enjoy the new look.

No comments: