Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Angel Baby

This weekend was a very sad one for Chris and I. Not very many people knew, but I was 6 weeks pregnant and we were over the moon excited. Every parent knows that the minute you see a positive pregnancy test is the minute your worries begin. And they don’t end. Ever. My mom still expects calls to know I’ve gotten home safe and I’m 29 years old. Each time we’ve found out, we’ve given our worries to God. We’ve prayed for God’s will to be done.

Chris had been out with the kids when I knew for sure what was happening and he dropped them off at my mom’s so we could have some time alone. We held each other and said a prayer asking God to receive our Angel Baby with open arms. We imagined our family members in Heaven greeting our baby.
The book, Heaven is For Real, has been mentioned to me so many times by so many different people and I’ve had it sitting on my desk for over a year when a sweet friend let me borrow it. However, I hate to read and I rarely do. When I was reaching out to another friend for some advice and encouraging words she mentioned the book to me. I went and got the book off my desk and I read. And read. And read. I read the entire book in one day. This is huge for me. I’ve never read any book in one day. It was a wonderful book, it was the best medicine I could have ever asked for, and I believe God laid it on my heart that day.
I have been conflicted on whether or not I would add this post to our blog. There are so many different feelings I have, but the thing I keep going back to is how excited we were and how blessed we felt to be having another baby. Even though this was such a short time to carry a baby, it was a baby. A life that God blessed us with.  A child that we will see again. And for that reason I wanted to have it here for our family to look back on. Our hearts will heal and we will smile knowing our Angel Baby will only know Heaven – it can’t get any more pure for him or her.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Helen said...

I'm so sorry.

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so sorry. My miscarriage was June 25, 2007...it was the worst day of my life. I will be praying for you. I am so sorry.

Jen and Brad said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, and you are right...this sweet baby will only know Heaven..what a wonderful thing! Stay strong, and hug your babies a little tighter!

Jen and Brad said...

I am so very sorry for your loss...but you are right..this sweet baby will only know Heaven..how wonderful! Stay strong, and hug your babies a little tighter!