Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baby Sister's Room

Kenley's room is almost complete. We just need to hang a few things up and the crib skirt to come in, which is on back order. My grandparents bought my sister and I our cribs when my mom was pregnant and my mom has carried on that tradition and gotten Wyatt and Kenley their bedroom furniture. It's very special and she loves to go pick it out, which is why I've had furniture since I was 20 weeks pregnant. She insisted that Kenley get her own set instead of the plan I had to give Wyatt the guest bed and let her use his crib and just get her a dresser.


Pap, Lori, Aunt Sarah, and Uncle Garrett got Miss Kenley this absolutely girly and perfect chandelier. I love, love, love it!



I didn't choose a changing table stand with Wyatt or Kenley, because I wanted the furniture to grow with them. That and I can count on one hand how many times I even used this changing table pad with Wyatt. I love her dresser and all the storage it has. We have a cute pink cube storage thing that sits next to the changing pad and matches the wall colors perfectly. It's going to hold all the cloth diapers and I folded them last night so it's in my room for now.



This is a very special piece of furniture, too. My step dad, Jerry, made it for his mom. He had it stained a pretty wood color. When his mom passed away he gave it to me. It was in our guest room. We decided to give it to Kenley and I had the great idea to make it white. I was all set to begin my first re-finishing job and very excited. I sanded and sanded and sanded until it was perfect. It was going great.... until the man at Lowe's talked me into using spray paint instead of regular paint (that I was asking for). My mom warned me that was a bad idea, but I wanted to start it THAT night and so I went for it. I should have listened! I worked on it for several nights with my mom til 2 or 4 am, because it was in the middle of the 120 degree Texas weather and it was impossible to do it any other time. It took 3,597 cans of spray paint (which meant several trips back to Lowe's). And I can't forget to mention that I QUIT after those several nights and my perfectionist mom finished it. She even took the pieces apart to make the pink parts and re-covered the stool. I picked out the fabric before I quit. :) I love it and she did a fabulous job! I will never use spray paint for a job like this again and better yet - I will listen to my mom in the beginning.



My bow obsession...




Kenley's closet is much smaller than Wyatt's so we got her an extra dresser for storage. I put the night light that I made her on it. I need to get an extension cord so I wasn't able to turn it on for the picture, but it's cute and says her name. Aunt Jessie made a scrapbook for us. Each page is filled out and has places to just put the pictures in. How perfect of a gift is that for the first few months of having a newborn until you can get around to making anything on your own?!



Okay sweet girl, we are ready for you! And we sure hope you like pink as much as your Mommy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: