Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving


I was determined to get pictures on Thanksgiving this year and I still did a horrible job. We get so busy and things get crazy and I never get very many. But we had a wonderful day. We went to Pap and Stacy's house for lunch, family, and football. Everything was amazing and just hanging out was great. Wyatt calls his construction worker vest a fireman vest and so we were well prepared in case the turkey caught on fire. Luckily, our fireman didn't have to put out any fires.


Wyatt ran off to play with Uncle Garrett, Reagan was snoozing in her carseat, and Kenley was hanging out by the food so she is the only one that got Mommy and Daddy pictures. 





We had dinner at my mom and Jerry's. My dad and Michelle didn't get to come this year because they had awesome suite tickets at the Cowboys game (where they were served a whole Thanksgiving dinner and didn't eve have to clean up... score!). We hung out, ate more, and watched more football. Then Chris took the kids home and it was time for the annual Black Friday shopping. Here's the deal... I'm really good at buying things on sale and finding great deals. The week before Thanksgiving I ordered things from Old Navy with free shipping and 50% off the entire order FROM MY COUCH. So Black Friday shopping isn't really about the deals for me. Especially since I'm not throwing myself into any fights over saving any amount of money and my kids aren't wanting any toy that's selling out in 5 minutes. But the last few years it's become a fun little tradition. And the best part is getting to finish my Christmas shopping when my kids are in bed! This year it was just my mom, little Sarah, and me. We should've gotten a picture, but we didn't. We had a blast. We all talked and talked and laughed and laughed. I totally think that for those reasons we will keep this little tradition going.

I am so thankful for all the people in my life and all the blessings we have. I'm thankful for the best times and thankful for all the challenges along the way. God has a wonderful plan and I'm always trying my hardest to trust His plan.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: