Friday, December 19, 2008

Hotel Weekend

Last year, Chris and I got a 2-night stay from a charity auction. We hadn’t used it yet so this weekend we decided we better use it before Wyatt is here. It might be awhile before we can get away for a weekend. It ended up being the perfect weekend to get away and relax. Friday I had to leave work, because I was really swollen and my blood pressure was high. The school nurse paged Dr. Joseph and he said we would have to go in to the hospital for a few tests and to be monitored. Chris and I went and I sat hooked up to the monitor for about 3 ½ hours and they took some blood. We got to listen to Wyatt’s heartbeat the whole time and that was neat. When I sit down and I’m not doing anything my blood pressure goes back to normal and all the tests came back great, thank goodness, so we got to go home. I guess we paid a lot of money for them to tell me to lay down and relax, but I’m glad everything is okay and it’s better to be safe than sorry. So, I went home and took a nap until Chris got home. Another great thing about Stephanie being in my room already…. She was able to take over and I could leave as soon as I needed to.

Then Chris and I packed and headed out. We went to Frisco Square to look at the lights and listen to the music. Then, we headed to the hotel. Our room is very nice. It was a bathtub and a shower. It’s a pretty big room, too. We ordered room service Saturday morning and lounged around until we were ready to go out. It was so nice having nothing to do, but hang out. Saturday night we went to The Melting Pot. I had never been and everyone talks about it. My mom, sister, brother-in-law, and friends, Morgan and Ashley all went. It was really fun and really good!

After dinner Chris and I went looking at lights. We were going to go to the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord Hotel, but we would have had to walk for a hour and Chris wouldn't let me! What a good husband... Don't think that would be a good idea with the blood pressure elevated. :) Sunday, we slept in and left when we were ready. We went to the Original Pancake House off of 121 (another place everyone talks about that I had never been). It was good, too!

We had a great date weekend! We got nothing done except hanging out with each other and it was so nice!

No comments: