Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Shower

Sunday was my baby shower and it was absolutely perfect! It was more than I could have ever imagined. My friend Teresa picked me up and drove me to Manny’s in Frisco which is where the shower was. We had the entire place to ourselves. The games were a lot of fun… no guessing my waist size, thank goodness! When guests got to the shower we went to one smaller room and played all the guessing games, then went to the bigger room to find a seat. There was a buffet that was really good. It was probably a good thing I was a little nervous about eating since I had been sick or I might have gained 10 pounds! While we ate, the hostesses announced the winners for the games. I won the game where you had to guess how much a “baby” weighed. You couldn’t touch it and it was dressed up so you had to guess what he was stuffed with. I guessed a small watermelon and said 15 lbs and it was 16 lbs, so I won! Yay! Then we played Baby Bingo and I love Bingo. (I won one game of Bingo, too!) Oh, and we can’t forget the Cabbage Patch doll I had to dress blind-folded. I promise to be much gentler with little Wyatt. After games and eating we had cake and did gifts. Wyatt is already spoiled rotten! J He got TONS of great things. I was overwhelmed by all of the gifts we received. Thank you so much! It took more than one car to get everything home and lots of people to carry gifts out to the car! The hostesses did an amazing job and everyone kept saying what a beautiful shower it was and I agree. Thank you Irene, Morgan, and Ashley (friends from forever and our neighbors across the street growing up… my mom and Jerry still live across the street from Pete and Irene), Lisa and Dawn (my sisters), and Amanda and Lenora (friends from forever, Amanda just had a baby girl and Lenora is her mom). Lenora made a door hanger for Wyatt’s hospital door when he is born. It is so pretty (I can say pretty for boy stuff, right?). After the shower we got the gifts home and started organizing Wyatt’s room. I didn’t know where to start, so it’s a good thing I had help. All of Wyatt’s clothes are washed and hanging in his closet (I finished by Tuesday). And we got things out of boxes, so it is all ready for Wyatt to come home. I can’t wait.

No comments: