Friday, July 13, 2012

Grammy's Waffles

Do you remember food that your grandparents made that no one else could ever make as good? My Nana had so many but one of the silliest ones was her Italian dressing. No, not with a ton of special ingredients. Just the Hidden Valley or whatever kind it is that comes with the bottle and you add water and vinegar and stuff! She told me so many times how she did it. A little different than the recipe. Like a little less vinegar and a little more oil or something like that.... Well, I could make it right in front of her with her telling me and it would NEVER be the same. Ever.

Well, that's how Grammy's waffles are. EVERYONE loves them. They are just Bisquick, but no one can make them the same. Why? Who knows. But it's true. Today Kenley did not want her puffs or her milk. She wanted waffles, too. Grammy gave her one and we had full intentions of taking it away after she chewed a little. But....

She was so excited...




She took a bite...




And kept going...



Until there was one last piece...



And that was it! She ate it! I let my baby eat a waffle.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: