Tuesday, January 24, 2012

They're baaaack...

Yesterday morning was like Christmas morning all over again at our house. Elfie brought Wyatt's toys back because he had been listening (better) again. He was one excited little boy!




And shortly after it looked like this in the living room...




Some how or another we will make it through this not listening stage. Wyatt gets an A+ on understanding opposites lately, because most of what I say he does the opposite. So.... what's this mama to do? Try something new. Again, I'm not always a fan of what I'm about to tell you, but again every kid is different and sometimes you do what works at the time. Before meeting my mom at Target today we made a little pit stop at the dollar store for reward cards and little stickers. Wyatt got to pick them out. Then I carefully explained that in order to get the new Thomas train he and Grammy were about to pick out at Target, he would need to fill up every square with a sticker and every time he listened he would get to put one on. Before we left the aisle he was on the floor pushing a toy and I asked him to get up and walk... no response... I said if you get up and walk you get to put a sticker on for listening and he jumped up ready to go. Here's hoping this lasts for a while. I'd much rather him do the right thing because it's the right thing, but hey... we will get there.


The great thing about having a 3 year old is that he finally understands things like this. He didn't even throw a fit when he didn't get to open his new train today. He understood he has to wait. Now Grammy on the other hand, was crushed. I wish I had a picture of her face when she said "How are we going to fill ALL those spaces TODAY?!" and I said, "We aren't, he's not getting it today." But look Grammy, I don't think it will take him too long...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: