Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our gift from above... Wyatt Reid







Wyatt Reid Jeans is finally here! He was born January 9th at 7:18pm. He is the most beautiful baby ever. He weighed 7lbs 5.6 oz and was 20 inches.

When the doctor came in to talk to us the day after I last posted he said our best option for being able to avoid a c-section would be to induce. We started some medicine Thursday night to get me ready, then started the pitocin early Friday morning. It was a long day, but worth every second! Our nurses were the best and Dr. Joseph was amazing. I couldn't have asked for better people to help Wyatt into this world.

Getting to see Wyatt for the first time was a moment that words just can't describe. I've always heard parents say that they didn't know how much they could love someone until the day their child was born and I get it now. It's amazing.

Chris and my mom helped in the room during labor. I was nice... everyone keeps asking if I was mean. You can even ask Chris and my mom, I was nice the entire time. I ended up getting the epidural halfway through and thank goodness they have those! I've already delivered cookies to the doctor that came in and gave it to me. :) Jeff and Lori waited outside the room so that they could hear Wyatt's first cry. The waiting room was full and friends and family waiting to meet Wyatt and our phones were close by to let our friends and family further away know that
Wyatt was here safe and sound. Thank you so much for all the prayers and support the past 9months. We feel so blessed to have an adorable, healthy baby boy.

After everyone got to meet Wyatt and had gone home the nurses came in to help us get settled. Chris got to give Wyatt his first bath. I got to take a shower and then the nurses left us alone to sleep. Wyatt stayed in our room. We got a little sleep, but kept waking up just to stare at him.

We stayed all day Saturday and got to go home on Sunday. We had lots of visitors both days. It was so nice to get to show Wyatt off. He loves his family and friends! Sunday was a busy day. Wyatt's pediatrician came. We absolutely love him! He visited everyday. Then the picture lady came to take Wyatt's first pictures. They are cute! Grammy went nuts buying them, of course. Then Dr. Joseph came to do Wyatt's little "boy" surgery. It was sad. I did much better than Daddy did with this one. Then we got all packed up and left. I got to hold Wyatt in his carseat while they wheeled me out in a wheelchair. It was very emotional. I cried. The ride home was the scariest drive of our lives, of course. When we got home our house was immaculate. Tiffany had been staying here with the dogs and she cleaned and disinfected everything. It was the best gift ever.

The Jeans Family is home and happy as can be!

(I know this already is a long post, but I could have written a novel. :) Mostly because I could write a few chapters on how happy we are to be parents, a few over labor and delivery, and one for each of our family members and friends that have been truly amazing to us.)

No comments: