Friday, August 29, 2014

1st Birthday Letter {Reagan}


Dear Reagan,

I can hardly believe that you are a year old already. You are so content being my little baby and part of me wants you to stay my little baby forever. Just last month you decided to start crawling, but before that you were perfectly content with just hanging out in one spot while your brother and sister brought you everything you could ever need or want.  Now that you are crawling all you have to do is look up at Mommy with your hands out and I’m sure to pick you up and steal a few snuggles before you are off to find something to play with.  There is no one that can make you laugh quite like Daddy (although Wyatt is a close second). We have so enjoyed every moment of the past year with you.

I do have some confessions to make, though. I have this “Mommy guilt” about some of the things I didn’t do or I feel I didn’t do too well over the course of this last year. Before you were born, I bought you cute cupcake stickers with 0-12 months printed on them to stick on your outfit and take a picture of you each month.  While I’ve taken lots of pictures of you, I have several of those stickers left. I kept forgetting to take that special picture after about 6 months or so.  We bought your baby book calendar a few months after you were born, I got it caught up, and now it’s hanging with several months left blank. I update this blog as often as I can, but I usually sit down and do several posts at once but I still find there are so many fun things we’ve done that never got blogged about at all. So, my fear is that you’ll wonder why Wyatt’s pages in his book are completely filled up or why Kenley might have more blogs posts.

 I’m not going to give you a lot of excuses as to why I didn’t get all the things I intended to done. I’m sure one day when you are a Mommy you will understand. Our days tend to be crazy at times. There’s rarely a day when we can all make it out the door without some sort of stain or mess on our clothes from breakfast, a craft or a spit up. You get one great nap every day in your crib and if you need a second nap it’s often in the car or in the stroller on the go. Some days it’s probably inconvenient being the 3rd child, but many more days it’s a blessing I hope you will know so well. You have two older siblings that love you more than anything in this world. You are theirs. They claimed you before they even met you while you were simply along for the chaotic ride in my tummy. You definitely have had to share time and attention with them, but if that were the price to pay for the love you receive I believe your bank is in the riches.

Soon you will be walking, talking, and chasing after Wyatt and Kenley and as much as I’d love to keep you my baby forever, I’m excited for all that’s yet to come. You fill our hearts with immeasurable joy. Your smile lights up any room. You’re a petite little girl with a big personality that’s easy-going, sensitive, and determined. You are playful and curious. You are ours. And we are yours. Even though I missed several pictures with that special sticker we bought and many pages of your baby calendar are bare (which I’ll try and fill in using my calendar), I assure you, you’ve been loved to the moon and back.

I love you, sweet girl.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: