Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pregnancy Update {Bed Rest & Grammy Day Camp}

(This is probably a long and boring post, but I always forget these little details about my pregnancies so I'm documenting. There are some pictures of some cuties at the end, though.)

A few weeks ago Dr. J decided I needed to start coming in to see him weekly because my iron levels were still low even taking 2 pills a day. Last week it was so low that he mentioned a transfusion. Now, I'm not one to freak out for the most part, but that really freaked me. Luckily, when my labwork came back it was better than what the machine in the office was saying. Whew! Also at the appointment I knew my blood pressure was creeping up a little higher (before the whole blood talk) and since that happens at about this time each pregnancy I've been prepared but hopeful that it wouldn't happen this time. So, this week I had Chris come to the appointment with me for 2 reasons. 1. If they needed to send me to the lab and stuff it would be easier to have him help with the kids because eventually they get restless in there. 2. I knew my BP was getting to that point so I wanted as little stress as possible so I'd get a good number. Well.... as soon as Dr. J came in after the nurse gave him my BP he said "bed rest and bi-weekly visits." There's a lot to be said for being prepared because it was WAY less traumatic for me this time than the last 2 times. With Wyatt, I was teaching and had to stop early, which meant my long term sub got thrown in there and I started using my maternity leave without a baby. Total bummer! And with Kenley, I wasn't working but I was staying home with an almost 3 year old and how in the world was I supposed to stay in bed with a kiddo running around. So this time I pretty much knew that I was going to be just fine and it was GRAMMY and DADDY that would need to brace themselves. :) Between facebook stalking, blog stalking, and the way addicting candy crush game/app I was going to be just fine. They, on the other hand, will be praying that Miss Reagan decides to come as soon as she can. But in all seriousness I am so grateful that I have the most supportive and helpful family and friends. I feel very blessed and I appreciate everyone that has offered to help. Today was day 2 of Grammy Day Camp and last night a sweet friend brought us dinners.

So here's how the last 2 days have gone. Wyatt wakes up around 7 or 7:30 for the most part even if he goes to bed later. Kenley sleeps 12-13 hours so she wakes up later since bed times have been later in the summer. Chris brings Wyatt downstairs before he leaves for work and he plays cars and trains while I stay in bed and look at all the cars he comes to show me and the occasional mess he's made of some brilliant idea he had. Today we took all the extra sheets and pillows out of the chest at the end of the bed and made some sort of fort. Around 9 Wyatt will go let Kenley out of her room. I think she wakes up a little earlier and reads books and plays with dolls. Today Wyatt said she was sitting in the rocking chair with her book and baby. We have video monitors, but I'm waiting for the company to send me a replacement (we've had problems with these, which could be a whole boring post of it's own). Then we do breakfast, get dressed and ready, and head to Grammy's house. We get there between 10-10:30 and she takes over and I head to her couch. Around 2 or 3 we head home for a late nap so that when they wake up Daddy is getting home and then he takes over.

Here was my view from her couch on day 1. She made them a picnic and they built Legos. All 3 of them were loving Grammy time.

You can only stalk facebook and play phone games for so long, but who doesn't love to color?!

That night, here was my view from our couch. Such a sweet husband. Being anemic this time around has made it much easier to stay on the couch. I'm exhausted all the time! But I'm SURE I'll be over this soon. It's usually a nice break for about a week and then I'll start going crazy.

On day 2, I had a doctor's appointment and the kids and Grammy did craft time while I was gone. Wyatt loves nothing more than to get messy. Kenley usually like to get messy, but she's way more hesitant. They were making concrete stones with pebbles and mosaic tiles for decorations. It started out like this...

Kenley got hers all pretty and kept her hands clean...

And Wyatt's ended like this... full on mixing it up, getting messy, and having a blast. We do messy crafts often, but there's a time limit for this boy, because it starts out nice, then ok, then messy, and then you better stop him because he will be seeing just how far he can go and what else he can do. Looks, like Grammy figured that out because there was no evidence of this mess by the time I got there. Trust me, if he had long enough he would have made himself a statue.

Still clean and happy with her project...

They played hard after craft time, watched Netflix, and then Kaleton came over from across the street to play and have lunch. I was sleeping on the couch for most of this and when I woke up my mom had lunch for me. I think I should just pack me bags and move in, right?!

They were absolutely worn out on the way home! So sound asleep that I was able to turn off the VBS cd and listen to the radio! Kenley has a chocolate mustache because my mom has an M&M machine and this little girl sneaks her way over to it and helps herself as soon as everyone is distracted. I told my mom today that she needs to make it so you have to put money in.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Bless your heart AmyJo! You have such a good attitude about this! I'm super proud of you :).