Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last day of preschool

Last Thursday was Wyatt's last day of preschool. I'm so glad we decided to send him to Promiseland Preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He learned so much, worked very hard, and make some great friends. I can't believe that next year will be Pre-K. He's growing up so fast but it's so fun to watch him. I absolutely love his kind heart, playful curiosity for everything, desire to work hard and make us proud, and his contagious giggles.

Some big things he learned this year:
-his ABC's (he can sing them and recognize some of them)
-his numbers (Counting 1-11 sometimes a little farther; 1-10 in Spanish, and he recognizes 1-10 with a few mistakes sometimes)
-how to write his name (sometimes the letters aren't in the correct order, but I love to watch how hard he works on writing)
-shapes and colors (he's been doing these for awhile)
-and he continues to love crafts (scissors, paint, water paint, glue, anything you give him can turn into a masterpiece)
-how to buckle and unbuckle himself in the carseat and unbuckle Kenley (I know that's not a school thing, but it's very exciting to us)
-lots of Bible stories and most importantly that God loves us

 
I asked him to pose for his "Last Day" photo, but we were walking into school with a friend and he was not focused on picture taking. I told him to put his hands down and then he ended up like this: 


It was busy during the class party so I didn't get many pictures, but here's one of Wyatt making a silly face.


And when all the kids got up to go play Kenley wasted no time taking over Wyatt's leftover fruit.


The next day this sweet boy wanted to help me make pancakes. After stirring the batter, he wanted to help some more and so I found him the perfect job to keep his little hands busy. He was so proud of his job and so was I. I jokingly  sent Chris this picture in a text and said that I've waited 4 years for this. :)



Wyatt,
We are so very proud of you. Every day you amaze us and make us smile. Your sister is your biggest fan and you are her big brother that is always protecting and taking care of her. You worked so hard this year and earned several special stars from your teachers for being Godly and kind. Every day I'd ask you in the car how your day was and after answering you would always ask how mine and Kenley's day was. That's just one example of how you care about others.

We love you so much. xoxo


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: