Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We're Having a Baby!

I can't believe it! I knew something was up after I tried to go for a run with my Team in Training teammates and ended up walking behind, because I was so drained. Then the next day, I went on a long bike ride with my friend, Teresa. Chris had to come pick us up, because I thought I was dying and just the thought of pedaling anymore made me want to throw up. So, the next day I decided to check before I headed out for a Memorial Day 10k I was signed up for. It was positive, finally. That was the best feeling I've ever felt. I woke Chris up so fast he didn't know what was going on, but he knew I was crying and shaking (actually, he thought I was late for something since I've been known to get a little frantic for that reason too). I handed him the baby gift bag, I had been saving for this moment. I had forgotten to put the surprise in the bag, so I had to run to the guest room to get it. He, of course, followed (he still has no clue what's going on and never looked at the bag). I pulled out a onesie that said, "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" on it. He got it then! The look in his eyes gave me the 2nd best feeling I've ever felt. We got dressed as quick as we could and headed out to tell our family. This was the best day of my life!!!

Now, I've decided that I get to be one of those proud mommy-to-be's that blogs to share the great news. I hope you will visit often to share our joy with us.

Quick Update:
Of course, dates may change as we hear more from the doctor and they poke and prod at me a few more times (I've never had so many blood tests as I've had in the last few weeks and I'm sure there's plenty more to come), but I believe we are between 5 and 6 weeks along. By the time you get this blog it will probably be more than that. Tomorrow we go in for the first sonogram and I can't wait to hear a little heartbeat.

Thanks for reading. I plan on making the rest of my entries much shorter.... we'll see. :)

No comments: